1. Product market fit: strive to obtain unprejudiced, outside appraisal/ feedback/ interaction.
2. Take great care to select appropriate founders with appropriate skills, vision, compatibility, and make roles, responsibilities very clear. Walk through worst case scenarios and ensure agreement.
3. "Just fucking launch already": implement your idea (MVP) ASAP to determine viability/response and then iterate. Get it to the bare bones, or the money will run out before you can implement.
4. Focus on impact not productivity: don't get bogged down in details, remind yourself your key metrics and dedicate time to activities that nudge these.
5. Build public interest from day 1, don't wait 'til your product is "ready".
6. Team-building: have faith that people will work for you even with a pay cut, if they are the right fit. They will stay too. So be creative to find the right fit, and then be transparent and thorough to double check.
7. Don't succumb to any negativity around your company or projected chances or the market generally. Hold true to your experience and your customer feedback.